Friday, May 11, 2018

Last Week in Care Management


I cannot believe that I am currently experiencing my last day here with Care Management. Care Management was the first department I was ever involved with, and I was lucky enough to continue experiencing it all the way through to the (almost) end. I have learned so much more than I ever thought possible only being with them for about 2 or 3 days a week. I am proud to say that I was able to do treatment notes, as well as FF and progress notes, successfully on my own by the time I finished with Care Management. I remember the first treatment meeting I went to with Daria, a Care Manager on my team, being extremely lost and unsure of what I should be documenting and including in the notes. She then sat down with me to explain the proper way to write them including format and word choice. At this point, I was still lost with how to do so and needed assistance throughout the process. This past Tuesday, I went back out with Daria for a treatment meeting, FF, and a collateral with the parent. She left the notes completely up to me to complete, which was a slight panic at first. However, I sat down and looked over the notes I took at the meeting and completed them completely on my own for the first time! The next day in the office, she complimented the notes and stated how she didn't even need to change a thing. That definitely boosted my confidence and proved to myself that I have learned quite a lot while being here in Care Management with Bergen's Promise.